With significant disruption having taken place in how news is distributed, publishers are now exploring new ways to tell stories and make money through content using the latest digital technology. Sports Journalism is at forefront of this innovative approach. This MA in Sports Journalism at The University of Winchester will equip students with practical and critical skills to negotiate this terrain.
Modules will train you in the fundamental principles of sports journalism but also prepare you to be at intellectually at ease with working in an industry that encourages constant change, innovation and debate. It will explore the following issues:
- What is the impact of new technology on sports journalism?
- How can you understand & make use of new technology?
- How has the role of the sports journalist developed ?
- How can you stay ahead of changes in the industry?
- Graduates go into print, broadcast and electronic media as reporters, producers and researchers. Support is given in seeking both work placements during study and employment thereafter to assist the process of a successful career in journalism.
- Agile Journalism
- Media Law
- Digital Journalism Skills
- Live Sports Production
- The Business of Journalism
- Sports Journalism Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management Journalism Sports Sciences View 314 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
- Normally a first or upper second-class Honors degree in a related subject or professional experience in the area of study.
International14800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14800 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National8550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8550 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- UK/Channel Islands and Isle of Man Part-time entry | £4,275 p/a
- International Students Part-time entry | £7,400 p/a
Living costs for Winchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.