It may also be suitable for non-mechanics engineering students (electrical, chemical, etc.) who are interested in transitioning to mechanics.
The goal of this program is to provide a bridge to careers in engineering or to a Ph.D program in mechanics.
FAM is fast-paced; students are expected to complete the curriculum over a twelve-month period, starting in a summer session. Prospective graduate students with a background in mechanics are encouraged to consider our primary M.S. and Ph.D. in Engineering Mechanics programs.
Although designed for students with backgrounds in science, the Engineering Mechanics - Fundamentals of Applied Mechanics at the University of Wisconsin Madison may also be suitable for non-mechanics engineering students (electrical, chemical, etc.) who are interested in transitioning to mechanics. Prospective graduate students with a background in mechanics are encouraged to consider our traditional MS and PhD Engineering Mechanics programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mechanics of Materials
- Mechanics of Materials Lab
- Advanced Mechanics of Materials
- Advanced Dynamics
- Engineering Analysis
- Special Topics in Engineering Mechanics
- Practicum in Finite Elements
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 731 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution is required. International applicants must have a degree comparable to a regionally accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants from an international institution must demonstrate strong academic achievement comparable to a 3.00 for an undergraduate or master’s degree. The Graduate School will use your institution’s grading scale. Do not convert your grades to a 4.00 scale.
- Submit GRE Scores
- English proficiency
- 3 letters of recommendation
International25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25526 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25526 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12200 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.