With a strong emphasis on in-cylinder energy conversion processes, graduates of this Automotive Engineering - Mechanical Engineering program at University of Wisconsin Madison will be poised to immediately participate in engine development programs in the automotive, heavy duty, or recreational engine sectors.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of mathematical, scientific, and engineering principles in the field.
- Demonstrate an ability to formulate, analyze, and independently solve advanced engineering problems.
- Apply the relevant scientific and technological advancements, techniques, and engineering tools to address these problems.
- Recognize and apply principles of ethical and professional conduct.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The coursework includes 12 credits of thermofluid processes, 12 formal credits in other relevant topics, and a 6 credits of summer practicum that pairs a hands-on laboratory course with a hands-on modeling course.
- The summer practicum coalesces information from coursework by applying it to internal combustion engines in a hands-on environment.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Automotive Engineering View 365 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution is required. International applicants must have a degree comparable to a regionally accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants from an international institution must demonstrate strong academic achievement comparable to a 3.00 for an undergraduate or master’s degree. The Graduate School will use your institution’s grading scale. Do not convert your grades to a 4.00 scale.
- Submit 3 letters of recommendation
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required for admission
International25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25526 USD per year during 24 months.
National25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25526 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12200 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Madison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.