Information Studies is concerned with the design, development, and evaluation of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in any context where people are involved. ICT systems play an increasingly important role in modern society across all technology-driven sectors, such as business, health, entertainment, learning, government, and beyond.At its core, the teaching in the Information Studies programme of Aalborg University focuses on users, information and systems, as is shown in the diagram below. In particular, most of the teaching is built up around one of the three core areas of information behaviour, human-computer interaction, and information systems. Throughout the programme, students will learn about theories and methods from the different research areas displayed in the outer ring, such as information architecture, systems design, user research, and behavioural analysis.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research and Methods in Information Studies
- Theories & Traditions in Information Studies
- Information Studies in Practice
- Theoretical Information Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Human Computer Interaction View 4 other Masters in Human Computer Interaction in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For a Bachelor's degree to be considered appropriate, its' central subjects must provide expertise in Information Studies subjects (communication, theory of science, science, epistemology, ICT, learning- and organizational theory, programming methods, design and human-computer interaction) to an extent corresponding to at least 60 ECTS or where core academic elements corresponding to 60 ECTS points coincides with the Bachelor's degree in Information Studies
- Applications with similar Danish or foreign educations at a similar level can be accepted pending the approval of the Study Board of Communication and Digital Media
- Applicants applying for Master's programmes at Aalborg University must submit results of an IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge test
International9338 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4669 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 34,725 DKK per semester
Living costs for Copenhagen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.