In just one year of intensive face-to-face learning, you gain an enriched understanding of construction scheduling, cost estimating, construction law, business management, ethics, risk management, safety and quality management, project control, teamwork, leadership, written and oral communications, and continuous improvement. You emerge fully prepared to immerse yourself in construction engineering and management.
Industry partners are strongly engaged in all aspects of the Civil and Environmental Engineering - Construction Engineering and Management from the University of Wisconsin Madison, serving as adjunct professors, professors of practice, instructors, strategic advisors, and general supporters. This provides you with a valuable network of contacts during your time on the UW–Madison campus and once you enter the workforce.
- Acquire theoretical and practical methods of planning, design, and construction
- Develop construction project management and leadership skills
- Know and understand fundamentals, such as construction scheduling, cost estimating, construction law, business management, and written and oral communications
- Demonstrate creative, independent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Recognize and apply principles of ethical and professional conduct
More informationVisit official programme website
- Legal Aspects of Engineering
- Mechanical Systems for Construction
- Construction Project Management
- Construction Labor Productivity Management
- Field Engineering Workshops: Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical
- Architecture Design for Construction
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 365 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
Applicants must also meet department specific requirements as outlined below:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in civil and environmental engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering program or from a recognized international institution
- Submit a 1,000 word or fewer statement of purpose; include your technical areas of interest, coursework emphasis, research experience, professional goals, faculty members you are interested in working with, and any other items relevant to your qualifications for graduate school
- Submit three letters of recommendation
- Non-native English speakers must have a Test of English
- 3 Letters of Recommendation Required
International25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25526 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25526 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State12200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12200 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.