The Master of Tourism and Destination Management offered at Victoria University course incorporates tourism and management studies with a focus on addressing contemporary issues and challenges faced by destinations internationally.
The program is embedded within an established suite of business programs including Victoria University’s internationally awarded MBA. The course will:
- build managerial skills and cross-disciplinary knowledge
- develop your skills in understanding, analysing and responding to the complexity of the tourism and events industries within a destination
- explore relationships between tourism and destination management and the broader economic, social, political and environmental context.
Graduates who already have completed a business-related bachelor degree should consider our Master of Tourism and Destination Management.
According to Deloitte, the tourism industry is identified as ranking second within a set of ‘fabulous five’ industry sectors that will drive Australian economic growth with projections of almost five per cent growth per annum
The UN World Tourism Organisation(external link) estimates rapid, continued growth in tourism in the Asia Pacific region. This trend will fuel employment growth in tourism and related areas.
The Master of Business (Tourism and Destination Management) will equip students for roles such as:
- planning and policy development officers in government departments at national, state and local and regional levels
- research and planning officers with research and consulting firms
- tourism planning and promotion agency staff
- tourism educators through private providers and TAFE
- policy officers with professional and industry associations
- managers of attractions
- marketing and communication roles (events)
- planners within the travel sector (airlines and other major transport providers)
- self employment through tourism management businesses.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Accounting for Management
- Business Economics
- Marketing Management
- Work and Organisation Systems
- Predictive Analytics
- Business Ethics and Sustainability
- Art and Practice of Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesHospitality Management Event Management Tourism & Leisure View 15 other Masters in Hospitality Management in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline
Completion of an Australian Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) in a similar discipline
International29700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14850 AUD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Domestic students: Commonwealth Supported Place,
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.