About the programme
We have realized that the demand and supply of energy reflect and interact with changes in society. And we have experienced that while decision-makers are struggling with different, often conflicting strategies, it is necessary to professionalize the way problems and options are analyzed. The complex relationship between the demand and supply for energy, democracy and its institutions, economy, and environment, are all part of the process of planning and managing a cost-effective sustainable development.
We want you to become a sustainable energy professional. And an advocate for building societies in which a democratic rationality rules over market dominance. Whether you aim for a job in utility planning, government administration, energy consultancy, academic research, international institution, or in an NGO, we will prepare you to face the challenges in planning and managing energy sector developments, technology options, plans, and policies. The Sustainable Energy Planning and Management programme of Aalborg University offers a state-of-the-art toolbox that will professionalize your methods and skills. And we will provide you with a problem-based and innovative working environment that will empower you to plan and implement sustainable solutions in the energy sector.
- Theories of Science and Research Designs
- Energy Project Evaluation
- Energy System Analysis
- The Socio-Technical Context of Planning
- Sustainable Energy Policies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 15 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Geography or Natural Science
- Diploma/Diploma Supplement (If you have not yet completed your Bachelor’s degree). The document must be signed and stamped by your home university.
- Bachelor’s degrees transcripts showing all grades and courses
- English test or an official receipt confirming that you have registered for a test
- Letter of motivation
- CV / Resume
- Official curriculum/syllabus for your Bachelor’s studies or another official description of your Bachelor’s degree in English
- Reference letters (optional)
- Receipt for paid application fee (only applies to non-EU citizens)
- Danish residence permit card and letter (only applies to non-EU citizens)
- Official description of the grading system from your home university
International13656 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6828 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 50,775 DKK per semester
Living costs for Aalborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.