The Professional Practice (Top-up) programme offered by the University of Wolverhampton is suitable for qualified solicitors and barristers who are looking to enhance their career prospects. It is also suitable for students who have completed the Legal Practice Course or Bar Professional Training Course (formerly the Bar Vocational Course) but have not yet secured a training contract or pupillage.
Potential Career Paths
- The LLM top-up will enhance the career prospects of those already working in legal practice as well as those who have not yet secured a training contract
- Upon completion of the course you could also consider further study at MPhil/PhD level.
More informationVisit official programme website
The module enables the student to undertake a detailed study of a clearly defined legal topic, issue or problem.
During the research process the student will increase their knowledge of the area and develop a greater critical awareness.
Completion of the module will enhance the ability to write academically and to present such findings in an appropriate form.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Direct applications can be made any time prior to the course start date but we will need sufficient time to process it.
DisciplinesEuropean Law Business Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 121 other Masters in Business Law in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed the Legal Practice Course, Bar Professional Training Course or the Postgraduate Certificate in Laws in Hong Kong (PCLL) or equivalent Professional Legal Qualification.
- Alternatively, legal professionals who undertook the former Law Society Final Examinations or Bar Vocational Course are also eligible for the course.
EU/EEA2134 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2134 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- Postgraduate Loans
- Professional and Career Development Loan
- Charitable Funding
- University Postgraduate Loyalty Discount
- Dennis Turner Opportunity Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.