The Legal Practice Course programme offered by the University of Wolverhampton, which can be studied full-time or part-time, is a key part of the vocational stage of training to become a solicitor for graduates or Members or Fellows of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives who have completed the academic stage of legal training.
Students will receive a Postgraduate Certificate in Legal Practice upon successful completion of Stage One only. Students that complete both Stage One and Stage Two will be completed with the full award of Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
Potential Career Paths
The LPC aims to prepare you for practice as a trainee solicitor. Students who subsequently decide not to go into legal practice will have acquired skills and knowledge that have a wide application in business, commerce and banking, particularly in areas that require knowledge of the law.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Business Law and Practice
- Property Law and Practice
- Litigation (Civil and Criminal)
- Solicitors' Accounts
- Professional Conduct and Regulation
- Interviewing and Advising
- Practical Legal Research
- Probate and Writing
- 9 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Direct applications can be made any time prior to the course start date but we will need sufficient time to process it.
DisciplinesPatent & Intellectual Property Law Civil & Private Law Business Law View 41 other Masters in Patent & Intellectual Property Law in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students must hold a law degree approved by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (“SRA”), or have passed either the Common Professional Examination / Graduate Diploma in Law or have otherwise satisfied the academic stage of training as required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
- Applicants are currently no longer required to enrol as a student member of the SRA. Applicants have a duty, however, to declare any character issues that could affect their suitability to practice as solicitors to the SRA.
International13350 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13350 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 9 months.
EU/EEA10650 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10650 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 9 months.
Home/EU Part-time Evening: £5325 per year
- Postgraduate Loans
- Professional and Career Development Loan
- Charitable Funding
- University Postgraduate Loyalty Discount
- Dennis Turner Opportunity Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.