In the Music Technology programme offered by the University of Wolverhampton you will be encouraged to demonstrate self-direction and autonomy, under the supervision of published experts in their fields and develop your theoretical and methodological understanding, engaging with current debates in some of the most vibrant areas of contemporary research.
Your programme of study will be based upon a Learning Contract negotiated between you and your supervising team. You will need to complete research proposal indicating your topic and admission will be based upon the successful agreement of a topic and the identification of appropriate supervision. Under guidance of your principal supervisor, you will produce at non-assessed assignments, leading to a final assessed portfolio of your final research.
Acting as summary of all that you have learned and a portfolio going forward, the Audio Technology Project provides an opportunity to plan and execute a substantial project in an area of personal specialism or interest. Innovative projects are encouraged, and there exists the potential for interdisciplinary and/or collaboration with practitioners in other fields.
As this course is taught by supervision, we are able to work flexibly with students to arrange tutorials around their work and family commitments. Also, in the absence of taught classes, it would be quite possible to conduct tutorials and exchange draft work and tutor feedback electronically, so there is considerable scope to study conveniently from home.
Potential Career Paths
This MSc by Research will provide an excellent preparatory pathway into doctoral research. However, for individuals seeking to enhance their C.V. or undertake some professional enhancement, this mode of study will enable you to tailor your study towards your career pathway and combine it with your work schedule and other commitments.
The wide range of subjects offered will provide relevant opportunities for individuals either within, or planning to enter, diverse professions to develop and evidence the acquisition of higher level skills.
- Your programme of study will be based upon a Learning Contract negotiated between you and your supervising team.
- You will need to complete an expression of interest form indicating your topic and admission will be based upon the successful agreement of this topic and the identification of appropriate supervision.
- Under guidance of your principal supervisor, you will write at least three extended non-assessed assignments or produce at least three pieces of practical work leading to a final, assessed portfolio, which will include a viva voce examination.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Direct applications can be made any time prior to the course start date but we will need sufficient time to process it.
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Music Liberal Arts View 247 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students will have a good undergraduate degree in Music Technology, Music Computing, Sonic Arts, creative applications of Computer Science or Human-Computer Interaction, or other a relevant subject field.
- Other graduates will be considered through interview/audition as appropriate, but deep engagement with audio/sound/music and familiarity with contemporary tools and ideas are expected.
- If you have relevant work experience in your subject area, this can also help you to get a place on a course.
International13950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6550 GBP per year during 12 months.
Home Part-time - £3275 per year
- Postgraduate Loans
- Professional and Career Development Loan
- Charitable Funding
- University Postgraduate Loyalty Discount
- Dennis Turner Opportunity Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.