Working closely with industry specialists, the Musical Theatre programme offered by the University of Wolverhampton will provide you with the opportunity to focus on professional practice, whilst enabling you to learn how to promote both yourself (as practitioner, performer or academic) and the work you create.
More importantly, the MA in Musical Theatre will create an environment where you will be able to work collaboratively, and participate in a residency at the Arena Theatre in Wolverhampton. You will also foster flexible skills which can be applied to a wide range of career opportunities in the musical theatre industry and beyond, including; teamwork skills, problem solving, self-promotion, working to deadlines and critical thinking.
Potential Career Paths
Upon completion of the course you may consider a number of potential employment routes, depending on the path chosen. These may include, but are not limited to, for example; writer/composer/choreographer or musical director, teacher or workshop facilitator, marketing administrator, or work in production and promotion. Alternatively, you may also consider further study at doctorate level.
- The Creative Product
- Marketing and the Musical Theatre Industry
- Professional Practice
- Critical Contexts of Musical Theatre
- Musical Theatre Production (Advanced)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Direct applications can be made any time prior to the course start date but we will need sufficient time to process it.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Music Theatre & Dance View 247 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
- You will need a good degree (2.1 or above) in Musical Theatre or a related subject e.g. Drama, Performance, Dance, Music, Theatre Studies. Applicants with a 2.2 degree may also be considered following a successful portfolio submission and interview.
- All students will be interviewed to assess their suitability and preparedness for the course.
- Candidates will be considered with a significant a significant track record of professional experience in a relevant field, but without a BA (Hons) degree.
- Postgraduate Loans
- Professional and Career Development Loan
- Charitable Funding
- University Postgraduate Loyalty Discount
- Dennis Turner Opportunity Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.