The Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management at University of Wolverhampton provides you with a contemporary focus and offers a rigorous academic programme for success in the HR profession.
It aims to develop you for a professional career in HR by developing knowledge and understanding of the disciplines of HR, encouraging critical reflective thinking and developing independent personal development skills.
The course is aligned to the professional standards of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and upon successful completion it offers you the opportunity to apply for membership of CIPD.
The course adopts an interdisciplinary approach and will help you develop your own understandings of complex and contested notions in the business environment. You will develop informed perspectives and collective responsibilities as a practitioner within local, national and international communities.
Potential Career Paths
The CIPD is world renowned for developing the standards for the HR profession and for anyone wishing to pursue or further their career within the field of HR it is essential that a CIPD postgraduate qualification is obtained, giving membership to the professional body.
Most organisations who recruit HR professionals require applicants to either hold a CIPD qualification or be studying to achieve one.
International, national and local recruitment to the field of HR is growing and as such competition for employment is high. Our programme is a robust programme that has been highly commended by the CIPD for many years.
Furthermore there is an opportunity to progress onto a relevant masters for example an MA Human Resource Management.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Human Resource Management in Context
- Investigating a Business Issue from an HR Perspective
- Leading, Managing and Developing People
- Key Issues in Employee Relations and Employment Law
- Organisational Change and Development
- People Resourcing and Reward
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Direct applications can be made any time prior to the course start date but we will need sufficient time to process it.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Human Resource Management View 252 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United Kingdom
- A first or second class undergraduate honours degree from a UK university or overseas equivalent, or a professional qualification and/or experience considered to be equivalent to the above.
- A HND/HNC in a related subject area plus two years relevant organisational experience.
- A Certificate in HR Practice, a Certificate in Training Practice, a Certificate in Recruitment and Selection, or an equivalent CIPD certificated programme, plus two years’ relevant experience.
EU/EEA2550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2550 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.