The Education program from the St.George's University is designed to accommodate the schedules of working professionals; using a blended-learning model, students will be required to be on campus three weeks per semester (once in the beginning, once in the middle and once in the end), with the remaining work completed online, both synchronously and asynchronously. For the in-person weeks, classes will be held all day Sunday and also Monday through Thursday evenings.
The final semester of the program is structured differently as students will be working on completing their capstone project. Through this program, students will have opportunities to tailor their coursework and research to their context, whether in primary, secondary or tertiary schools, governmental or non-governmental agencies, or medical education. This full-time degree program is completed in two years (including fall and spring semesters).
This program aims to develop educational leaders who are able to integrate theory, research and practice in order to create change. By the end of the program, students will be able to:
- Develop, implement and assess educative experiences that are informed by current and foundational theories of learning, reflective of innovations in technology, and designed to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Recognize and apply leadership theories relevant to leading strategic decision making and leading educational reform in order to support collaborative and inclusive learning communities supportive of diverse identities, perspectives and approaches.
- Examine the social, historical, cultural, and psychological factors that shape the ways in which students learn, teachers teach, educational systems are designed and change occurs, and develop a philosophy of teaching and leadership that accounts for these various factors.
- Plan, conduct, and present an applied research project grounded in a socially-relevant educational research question.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theories of Learning
- Education in a Multicultural Society
- Curriculum & Pedagogy
- Practitioner Research
- Educational Leadership
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Special Education
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee: $50
- Passport-sized photograph with your name printed on the back
- Financial information
- Academic transcripts: Official degree-bearing transcripts must be submitted by the undergraduate institution. (If you are applying before completion of your undergraduate program, please provide current transcript.)
- Other academic work: Submit official transcripts of graduate course work, other coursework, or academic certificates from all other institutions attended.
- Standardized examination scores: Official scores must be sent directly to SGU by the testing agency.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores must be submitted if English is not your principal language.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from professors.
- Essays: A personal statement with a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Application For MPH Program
International16230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 541 USD per credit during 12 months.
National16230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 541 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.