You may study for the Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip) in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) over 18 months to obtain the minimum training qualification accredited by The British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) to practice as a CBT therapist or apply directly to this MSc which is offered over 2 years.
The MSc adds to the PG Dip modules an applied specialist clinical module for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and related disorders including research methods training designed to facilitate clinical research and encourage therapists to publish in academic journals.
Internationally Renowned Experts
The Specialist Cognitive Behavioural Therapy at Queen's University Belfast is provided by a team of internationally recognised trauma researchers and clinicians and is one of the few specialist MScs in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Trauma and related disorders available in these islands and across Europe.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy services are an expanding area of mental health services due to an increasing demand for evidence-based psychological therapies.
Graduate of this specialist MSc can apply for professional employment as fully accredited Cognitive Behaviour Psychotherapists, practice in trauma at a specialist CBT level and are be able to undertake clinical research with a view to publishing in academic and professional journals.
Queen's postgraduates reap exceptional benefits. Unique initiatives, such as Degree Plus and Researcher Plus bolster our commitment to employability, while innovative leadership and executive programmes help our students gain key leadership positions both nationally and internationally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core Concepts & Skills of Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy for Depression
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy for Anxiety Disorders
- Training Supervision of the Application of CBP Models and Skills for Depression and Anxiety Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy for Complex Disorders
- Self-Practice / Self-Reflection in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
- Evidence Based Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We advise you to apply as early as possible, particularly for those courses where there is a high demand for places.
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences View 168 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A 2.2 Honours degree or above, or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in a cognate area or equivalent professional qualification(s) and at least two years clinical practice experience in a statutory or independent mental health or related setting. All applicants must:
- Provide evidence of prior basic knowledge of psychological therapies preferably Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), and
- Be currently employed in a clinical or practice setting within an organisation providing therapeutic or counselling services, and
- Be in a role for the duration of the Programme to access a suitable client group for practice and supervision purposes.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17700 GBP per year during 24 months.
National6450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6450 GBP per year during 24 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) £6450
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) £6450
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB £7,250
- EU Other £17700
- International £17700
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.