It will provide you with the core knowledge and competencies needed to become a chartered planner and specialise in urban design and international planning.
The Urban Design and International Planning course from The University of Manchester is fully accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) and is an Educational Member of the Urban Design Group as part of the Recognised Practitioner in Urban Design pathway.
- Allow you to tailor the course to your professional interests by choosing from numerous optional course units.
- Provide you with the practical skills to deliver a comprehensive urban design proposal.
- Provide you with an international perspective on overseas fieldwork.
This course has been specifically designed to equip you for professional practice in urban design and planning in a fast-moving international market.
Opportunities will arise in both the private and public sectors across global consultancies, development companies, government departments and agencies, and third sector organisations.
More generally, Planning and Environmental Management graduates are popular with employers, particularly in consultancy, where the ability to analyse and propose policies and implement strategies is vital. After London, Manchester hosts the largest number of planning and environmental consultancies in the UK.
Our graduates have gone on to successful careers in areas including environmental management and consultancy, urban planning and design, real estate development, urban and regional development policy, central and local government, international development, energy and water, non-governmental organisations, and research.
Top employers of our Planning and Environmental Management graduates include AECOM, Arup, Atkins, BP, EDF Energy, the Environment Agency, Jacobs, and Rolls-Royce.
- International Urban Design
- MSc Urban Design and International Planning Dissertation
- Urban Design Project
- International Planning: Systems and Frameworks
- Urban Design and International Planning Study Tour
- Urban Design Applied Skills
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign International Development Urban Planning View 360 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Manchester and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelors degree (minimum 2:1 or international equivalent)
- We will consider applicants who do not meet these scores but you may be required to attend a pre-sessional English language course at the University of Manchester, or to demonstrate an improvement in your language scores prior to the start of your course.
International22500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK students (per annum): £5,750
- International, including EU, students (per annum): £11,250
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.