As such, the Transnational Dispute Resolution course from The University of Manchester focuses on the contemporary rules, procedures and practices of international courts and tribunals. This includes the International Court of Justice, interstate and mixed arbitration tribunals, as well as investment dispute resolution mechanisms such as the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), or World Trade Organization (WTO).
The course also deals with mechanisms allowing the settlement of disputes which are of a hybrid nature, eg partly international and partly domestic.
This highly relevant LLM offers you career opportunities with states, government agencies, international courts and tribunals, law firms and multinational corporations who are looking for lawyers with an understanding of international and transnational dispute resolution.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Subjects and Actors of International Law
- Sources of International Law
- International Obligations
- International Institutional Law and the Use of Force
- LL.M Dissertation
- Academic Skills for Legal Studies
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 419 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
Academic entry qualification overview
- A minimum upper second class honours degree, or the equivalent, in law.
- Some English Language test results are only valid for two years. Your English Language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.
International19500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU students (per annum): £4,750
- International students (per annum): £9,750
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.