Studying the Performing Arts master course at University of Wolverhampton you will be able pursue innovative experience of performing arts practices with the integral development of research and writing skills, self-direction and autonomy, working in, and across, disciplines that include dance, drama, music or musical theatre.
You will have the opportunity to achieve a range of subject-specific outcomes, through acquiring an advanced knowledge of concepts, and critically evaluating theories, problems and performing techniques.
As this course is taught by supervision, we are able to work flexibly with students to arrange tutorials around their work and family commitments. Also, in the absence of taught classes, it would be quite possible to conduct tutorials and exchange draft work and tutor feedback electronically, so there is considerable scope to study conveniently from home.
Potential Career Paths
This MA by Research will provide an excellent preparatory pathway into doctoral research. However, for individuals seeking to enhance their C.V. or undertake some professional enhancement, this mode of study will enable you to tailor your study towards your career pathway and combine it with your work schedule and other commitments.
The wide range of subjects offered will provide relevant opportunities for individuals either within, or planning to enter, diverse professions to develop and evidence the acquisition of higher level skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Your programme of study will be based upon a Learning Contract negotiated between you and your supervising team.
- You will need to complete an expression of interest form indicating your topic and admission will be based upon the successful agreement of this topic and the identification of appropriate supervision.
- Under guidance of your principal supervisor, you will write at least three extended non-assessed assignments or produce at least three pieces of practical work leading to a final, assessed portfolio, which will include a viva voce examination.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Direct applications can be made any time prior to the course start date but we will need sufficient time to process it.
DisciplinesLiberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 203 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students will have a good undergraduate degree in a relevant subject field.
- If you have relevant work experience in your subject area, this can also help you to get a place on a course.
- All students will be interviewed to assess their suitability and preparedness for the course.
International13950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6550 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home - Part-time - £3275 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.