During the MA Dance at University of Wolverhampton you will have the opportunity to achieve a range of subject-specific outcomes, through acquiring an advanced knowledge of concepts, problems and traditions in dance and a capacity to apply that knowledge in a range of professional contexts.
You will develop and apply advanced critical thinking skills and higher-level transferable skills essential for career enhancement.
Potential Career Paths
The MA Dance degree will enhance graduates’ opportunities across a range of employment in dance; It will also enhance graduates' opportunities in the arts and related fields since dance is applicable at all levels of society.
For example, school teachers will be qualified for posts in Further and Higher Education, in addition to gaining a qualification to enhance their prospects in their current institutional base; freelance artists will have additional skills and techniques to offer in the arena of arts projects in schools, theatre educational outreach work and community arts; practitioners will have a deeper understanding of their craft and a qualification recognized by FE and HE establishments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Body in Practice
- Modes of Inquiry for Dance
- Dance in Translation
- Dance Now
- Dance Dissertation
- Scopes in Motion: Special Topics in Dance
- Navigating the Dance Profession
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Direct applications can be made any time prior to the course start date but we will need sufficient time to process it.
DisciplinesLiberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 173 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
- You will need a good honours degree in dance or a related subject. Applicants will also be required to attend for interview/audition to assess their suitability to study on the course.
- Candidates with a significant track record (five years) of professional experience in dance or a relevant field, but without a BA (Hons) degree are also welcomed.
- Applicants in this category will be required to attend for interview/audition and asked to produce a piece of written work as a means of assessing their suitability.
International13650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13650 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA6400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6400 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- Part time Home/EU: £3200 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.