The Renewable Energy and Clean Technology course offered at The University of Manchester it provides the foundations necessary to understand the principles of solar, wind and marine energy technologies and also the knowledge required to understand: the efficient distribution of renewables; their integration into usage into zero carbon built infrastructure and to determine the economic and climate issues affecting the choice of renewable.
In completing this multidisciplinary course you will become highly employable in an area of technology which will be of dominant importance in this century. The course will provide you with all the necessary skills required if you wish to continue to study for a PhD and contribute your own ideas to advance these key technologies.
- Smart Grids & Sustainable Electricity Systems
- Techniques for Research and Industry
- Introduction to Power Systems
- Interfacing clean energy systems
- Understanding Energy as a 'system' driving modern society
- Solar Energy Technologies
- Zero Carbon Built Infrastructure
- Marine Energy: Wind, Wave & Tidal
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Biotechnology Engineering Management View 105 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United Kingdom
- We require a good Upper Second Class Honours degree or international equivalent in any of the following: electrical and electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, engineering, physics, or equivalent scientific discipline which includes a significant mathematical and engineering content.
- Applicants will be considered with alternative qualifications who also have appropriate industrial experience.
- When assessing your academic record, we take into account your grade average with particular emphasis on relevant course units and the standing of the institution where you studied your qualification.
International28000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.