Technical lecture information will be consolidated, using data analysis and problem-solving classes, to build critical investigative capability, badly needed in the workplace. Project management skills will also be honed through taught material, research projects and industrial placements, where appropriate.
World Class Facilities
The interdisciplinary nature of the subject means that you will experience materials-related activity in a number of different environments across the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences, in which both fundamental and applied research is done.
The Materials Science and Engineering course at Queen's University Belfast will seek relevant professional accreditation once the first year of the course has been delivered.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Microstructure and microstructural development;
- Mechanical properties of materials;
- Functional properties of materials;
- Manufacturing and processing;
- Polymers and composites;
- Materials selection;
- Materials characterisation;
- Project management and data handling.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 145 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a 2.2 Honours degree in a relevant physical sciences or engineering discipline, or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University.
- Applicants who do not meet the above academic requirements but hold relevant professional qualifications or can demonstrate appropriate and relevant experience, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22050 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6650 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) - £6,650
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) - £6,650
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) - £7,470
- EU Other - £22,050
- International - £22,050
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.