Technical lecture information will be consolidated, using data analysis and problem-solving classes, to build critical investigative capability, badly needed in the workplace. Project management skills will also be honed through taught material, research projects and industrial placements, where appropriate.
World Class Facilities
The Materials Science and Engineering course at Queen's University Belfast is supported by well-equipped laboratories, digital network and computing facilities, library access and lecture rooms.
The interdisciplinary nature of the subject means that you will experience materials-related activity in a number of different environments across the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences, in which both fundamental and applied research is done.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Microstructure and microstructural development;
- Mechanical properties of materials;
- Functional properties of materials;
- Manufacturing and processing;
- Polymers and composites;
- Materials selection;
- Materials characterisation;
- Project management and data handling.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 97 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2.2 Honours degree in a relevant physical sciences or engineering discipline, or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University.
- Applicants who do not meet the above academic requirements but hold relevant professional qualifications or can demonstrate appropriate and relevant experience, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
International20800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6140 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £6,900
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.