At this Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (Health Visiting) course at University of Wolverhampton you will be equipped with the skills to evaluate, enhance and develop your public health practice and create and develop leadership skills within the context of Public Health Nursing Practice.
You will be taught how to adopt reflective practice and lifelong learning that allows you to develop your intellectual skills and promote personal and professional development. You will learn about Codes of Professional Conduct to protect human rights and equality in the delivery of health care.
You will need to have secured employment with an NHS Trust as a student health visitor in order to gain a place on this course.
You will by the end of the course be able to apply to the third part of the NMC register to practice as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse / Health Visitor.
Further career opportunities are available in specialist clinical roles; Education and Management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Perspectives of Public Health in Specialist Practice
- Critical Perspectives of child development
- Research and Inquiry in Specialist Practice
- Critical perspectives of safeguarding children, young people and families
- Critical perspectives of leadership, management and innovation in specialist practice
- Specialist Community Public Health Nursing -School Nursing and Health Visiting
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Direct applications can be made any time prior to the course start date but we will need sufficient time to process it.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 219 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you require the specialist practice qualification, you must be registered on the appropriate part of the NMC Register and ideally have a minimum of 2 years post-registration experience.
- You must already have a health related degree and have access to a practice placement in the community in your chosen pathway.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.