- Take a clear progression route into careers where you can help achieve better outcomes for children and young people with SEND
- Draw upon legislation, theory, research and practice to identify and discuss contemporary issues and dilemmas surrounding inclusion and SEND
- Explore the growing need for education, health and social services to work closely together and the implications of multi-professional working
- Gain a better understanding of the legal responsibilities facing practitioners today
- Develop your ability to interpret, understand and conduct research at masters level, sourcing and harnessing key information as the basis for critical analysis
- Collaborate with others to generate, articulate and debate your own interpretation and understanding of inclusion and SEND
- Learn from a dedicated and expert team with a high profile for research in this field
The MA Inclusion and SEND at University of Derby applies an interpretivist approach, with a focus on exploring and discussing a broad spectrum of understandings of disability, impairment, special education and inclusion.
Successful completion of the Inclusion And SEND at University of Derby will improve your career prospects, pave the way to further professional and academic study, and broaden your opportunities to engage with the wider educational research community.
It is an excellent platform for employment in a wide variety of occupations in educational settings. If you are already working in a relevant field, the masters qualification will enhance your potential for promotion within your professional sphere, including leadership roles in inclusion/special education.
In addition, because the MA places a strong emphasis on advanced scholarship and research skills, you will be well placed to secure employment as a researcher or research assistant specialising in education, health or social care subjects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Crafting Your Masters Study
- Inclusion/SEND: Contemporary Issues and Dilemmas
- Inclusion/SEND: Working with Others
- Designing Social Sciences Research
- Philosophical Interpretations of Disability, Impairment and Inclusion
- The Lived Experience of Inclusion/SEND
- Independent Study
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 327 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You will usually need an undergraduate degree in a related discipline.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14700 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
UK/EU Full-time/ Part-time: £700 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.