- Learn how to design and deliver effective career guidance to make a genuine difference to people’s lives
- Gain your masters degree alongside a high-quality, nationally recognised professional award, the Qualification in Career Development
- Achieve high professional standards: this programme is run in association with the Career Development Institute
- Hone your practical skills and gain fresh perspectives on relevant work-based placements
- Conduct your own research project on a theme which matches your professional interests and ambitions
- Draw on the expertise of our International Centre for Guidance Studies, a world-leading centre which is helping shape the future of the career development profession
- Learn from an enthusiastic and experienced team of staff who are recognised as thought leaders and influencers in this field
- Enjoy maximum flexibility: take this programme on a full-time or part-time basis so that you can fit your studies around your other commitments
Our MA Careers Education and Coaching provides an ideal stepping stone for anyone seeking to enter the career development profession. It should be especially valuable for recent graduates who have studied subjects such as Education, Sociology, Psychology and Social Work and for individuals who are already employed in a variety of relevant roles and settings.
The Careers Education And Coaching course from University of Derby provides a solid preparation for anyone wishing to progress to a role such as careers adviser in schools, colleges, universities and local authorities or a careers leader in schools and colleges of further education. The skills you develop will also be invaluable for roles in private and sector based organisations offering career guidance and development activities in community and work-based settings. Examples include human resource development and talent management. Our graduates have also been recruited to roles such as Enterprise adviser, widening participation practitioners and researchers.
Studying this subject as an academic discipline will naturally lead you to develop your own career management skills, including building professional and supportive networks. A distinctive feature of this masters is the breadth of opportunities we offer for you to achieve this.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Career Guidance/Coaching Theory, Policy and Practice
- The Framework for Professional Practice
- Developing Working Relationships with Clients
- Using Career and Labour Market Information, Technology and Social Media to Support Career Development
- Partnership Working
- Research Methods for Developing the Researcher Practitioner
- Independent Study
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Coaching View 739 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will typically be expected to hold an undergraduate degree or an equivalent qualification. Those meeting the academic requirements will be invited for an interview. As the course includes mandatory placements you will be expected to have a DBS check. Those failing to meet the requirements of the DBS check will not be eligible for the programme. If you do not hold traditional entry qualifications, your suitability will be assessed by reviewing your academic achievement, professional or occupational experience, level of operation and personal qualities.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National6750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6750 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- UK: £755 per 20 credits
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.