The Careers Education And Coaching at University of Derby brings together a highly regarded masters qualification and initial professional training in career guidance. If you are studying on a full-time basis, it means you can achieve both in just one year.
Your studies will incorporate the Qualification in Career Development (QCD) which is awarded by the Career Development Institute (CDI) and is the premier route to achieving registered career professional status.
Throughout the course, we will assist you to collate evidence into a portfolio which will be used by CDI moderators to review your achievements against the required standards for professional practice.
Our MA Careers Education and Coaching provides a solid preparation for anyone wishing to progress to a role such as careers adviser in schools, colleges, universities and local authorities or a careers leader in schools and colleges of further education. The skills you develop will also be invaluable for roles in private and sector based organisations offering career guidance and development activities in community and work-based settings. Examples include human resource development and talent management. Our graduates have also been recruited to roles such as Enterprise adviser, widening participation practitioners and researchers.
Studying this subject as an academic discipline will naturally lead you to develop your own career management skills, including building professional and supportive networks. A distinctive feature of this masters is the breadth of opportunities we offer for you to achieve this.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Career Guidance/Coaching Theory, Policy and Practice
- The Framework for Professional Practice
- Developing Working Relationships with Clients
- Using Career and Labour Market Information, Technology and Social Media to Support Career Development
- Partnership Working
- Research Methods for Developing the Researcher Practitioner
- Independent Study
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Coaching View 18 other Masters in Adult Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will typically be expected to hold an undergraduate degree or an equivalent qualification. Those meeting the academic requirements will be invited for an interview. As the course includes mandatory placements you will be expected to have a DBS check.
- Those failing to meet the requirements of the DBS check will not be eligible for the programme. If you do not hold traditional entry qualifications, your suitability will be assessed by reviewing your academic achievement, professional or occupational experience, level of operation and personal qualities.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National755 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 755 GBP per module during 12 months.
- UK: £755 per 20 credits
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.