The Careers Education And Coaching at University of Derby brings together a highly regarded masters qualification and initial professional training in career guidance. If you are studying on a full-time basis, it means you can achieve both in just one year.
Your studies will incorporate the Qualification in Career Development (QCD) which is awarded by the Career Development Institute (CDI) and is the premier route to achieving registered career professional status.
Throughout the course, we will assist you to collate evidence into a portfolio which will be used by CDI moderators to review your achievements against the required standards for professional practice.
Our MA Careers Education and Coaching provides a solid preparation for anyone wishing to progress to a role such as careers adviser in schools, colleges, universities and local authorities or a careers leader in schools and colleges of further education. The skills you develop will also be invaluable for roles in private and sector based organisations offering career guidance and development activities in community and work-based settings. Examples include human resource development and talent management. Our graduates have also been recruited to roles such as Enterprise adviser, widening participation practitioners and researchers.
Studying this subject as an academic discipline will naturally lead you to develop your own career management skills, including building professional and supportive networks. A distinctive feature of this masters is the breadth of opportunities we offer for you to achieve this.
- Career Guidance/Coaching Theory, Policy and Practice
- The Framework for Professional Practice
- Developing Working Relationships with Clients
- Using Career and Labour Market Information, Technology and Social Media to Support Career Development
- Partnership Working
- Research Methods for Developing the Researcher Practitioner
- Independent Study
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
More informationGo to the official programme website
DisciplinesEducation Coaching View 833 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- You will typically be expected to hold an undergraduate degree or an equivalent qualification. Those meeting the academic requirements will be invited for an interview. As the course includes mandatory placements you will be expected to have a DBS check.
- Those failing to meet the requirements of the DBS check will not be eligible for the programme. If you do not hold traditional entry qualifications, your suitability will be assessed by reviewing your academic achievement, professional or occupational experience, level of operation and personal qualities.
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14700 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
£755 per 20 credits
Check the official programme website for information about funding options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.