It is also suited to those wishing to gain salary enhancements, or students wishing to pursue advanced studies in quantitative finance.
- Learn how to forecast and manage risk and return
- Gain the skills to price any financial instrument
- Learn how to engineer new methods and financial products
- Build advanced knowledge of the main theoretical and applied concepts in quantitative finance, financial engineering and risk management, using current issues to stimulate your thinking
- Prepare for careers involving the design and management of new financial instruments, the development of innovative methods for measuring, or predicting and managing risk.
This Quantitative Finance course from The University of Manchester provides ideal preparation for a career in the finance industry specialising in designing and trading financial instruments. These financial engineers are expected to be proficient in computer programming and strong in financial mathematics. They have to be at ease with complex derivatives and creative enough to find solutions for pricing and hedging. The course also provides research skills for those who wish to pursue an academic career by studying at doctoral level.
- Interest Rate Derivatives
- Derivative Securities
- Asset Pricing Theory
- Time Series Econometrics
- Stochastic Calculus for Finance
- Credit Risk Measurement and Management
- Risk, Performance and Decision Analysis
- Real Options in Corporate Finance
- Cross Sectional Econometrics
- Corporate Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics Actuarial Science View 105 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Manchester and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
We require a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent.
- You ideally need a a degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, actuarial or decision sciences and have taken or be taking a significant number of modules in quantitative subjects, such as differential equations, econometrics or mathematical statistics in the final year of your degree, with excellent results
- We highly recommend GMAT or GRE and anticipate a well-balanced score with a strong performance in the quantitative sections
International29000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.