Contemporary public health practice requires practitioners to be adaptable and flexible, with a broad experience of a range of subject areas.
This Public Health (Web-based Learning) course from The University of Manchester will equip you with:
- the skills and knowledge to apply to public health concerns at local, national and international level;
- the ability to apply relevant theory and scientific principles to practical situations;
- the capability of meeting core-competencies in public health.
We offer a number of different pathways including PGCert, PGDip and MPH awards.
Most of our students complete the course part-time while working in a wide variety of jobs and sectors.
Some use their experience and qualification to help them move into predominantly public health-related roles.
Many of our students - e.g. health promotion staff, GPs, hospital doctors, pharmacists, infection control nurses, managers and researchers - take the course to give them public health skills and expertise to apply within their own profession and/or setting.
- Evidence Synthesis: Systematic Reviews
- Guideline Development and Implementation
- Oral Health & Disease in Populations
- Implementing Strategy in Dental Services
- Emergency Humanitarian Assistance
- Health Promotion Theory & Methods
- Working with Communities
- Health Economics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 510 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- We require a minimum of an Upper Second honours degree or the overseas equivalent. Significant relevant research or professional experience may be considered in place of an academic qualification lower than an Upper Second.
- If you fail to meet the required entry criteria will be considered on an individual basis, but may be required to enrol initially on another route, such as a PGCert or PGDip. You may be allowed to progress to the full MPH course if you pass the course at the required MPH level.
International20500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
MPH (part-time online)
- UK: £1,050 per 15 credits, £2,100 for dissertation
- International, including EU, students: £2,050 per 15 credits, £4,100 for dissertation
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.