The Plant and Soil Sciences objectives of the programs at the University of Delaware are to equip the student with background and techniques necessary for degree completion, opportunities for advanced study in the plant and soil sciences, and for job placement.
In addition to modern research facilities in Worrilow Hall and at the Delaware Biotechnology Institute (DBI), special items available for student research include field, state-of-the-art greenhouse and growth chamber facilities, radioisotope room, scintillation counters, gas and liquid chromatographs, x-ray diffractometer, Fourier transform infrared spectrometer, pressure-jump relaxation apparatus, atomic absorption spectrophotometers, inductively coupled plasma spectrometer, low- and high-speed centrifuges, microtomes, electrophoretic apparatus, cold rooms, atomic force and electron microscopes, carbon-nitrogen-sulfur analyzer, DNA sequencers, and a bioinformatics center.
- Plant taxonomy
- Plant genes and genomes
- Plant developmental biology
- Molecular plant pathology
- Current topics in plant science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSoil Science Botany Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 428 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United States
- A nonrefundable application fee submitted with the application.
- Applicants must list and upload unofficial transcripts of all post-high school academic work from all institutions attended.
- Applicants must submit a Personal Statement or answer specific questions or essays as part of the application; a Resume
- Applicants must submit three letters of recommendation
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) admission test scores
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.