When you have completed the Pharmacy (OSPAP) course offered by University of Brighton, you will be able to undertake pre-registration training and apply for the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) registration exam with the aim of becoming a UK registered pharmacist.
For the MSc award, research projects run from June to September following completion of the PGDip modules. For more information about our PGDip-only qualification, visit the relevant course page. The course includes experiential visits to community and hospital pharmacies to help you build practical experience in healthcare.
The course includes experiential visits to community and hospital pharmacies to help you build practical experience in healthcare.
On completion of the course you will be able to undertake pre-registration training and apply for the General Pharmaceutical Council registration examination, which will allow you to become a UK-registered pharmacist.
The PGDip is accredited by the GPhC as an Overseas Pharmacists’ Assessment Programme (OSPAP).
- Scientific Basis of Pharmacy Practice
- Applied Therapeutics
- Clinical Drug Delivery
- Advanced Professional Studies
- Health Promotion for Pharmacists
- Novel Medicinal Products: A Clinical Perspective
- Pharmaceutical Skills
- Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Generally there's no deadline for applying for a postgraduate course at Brighton.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Pharmacy Health Sciences View 944 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Applicants must have the following qualifications and/or experience:
- an overseas degree in pharmacy normally with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent)
- satisfactory adjudication of qualifications by the General Pharmaceutical Council
- achievement of 40% or above in the online pharmaceutical calculations admission test
- Applicants should have graduated in the last six years, or have a portfolio of evidence demonstrating continuing practice and training in pharmacy.
International16499 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16499 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.