What is MALS?The Liberal Studies courses at University of Delaware are taught by faculty from across the College of Arts and Sciences and each one has an interdisciplinary aspect. We break down departmental barriers to explore important questions through a variety of perspectives.What does it mean to be human? How do we understand the world we live in? Where did we come from and where are we going? Each MALS course invites broad thinking on issues of importance.Within the broad parameters of the program, you are free to shape your course of study to suit your intellectual interests, to follow your passion.
- Nature and Human Nature
- Force, Conflict and Change
- The Scientist in Society
- Interpreting the Past
- Writing in Liberal Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science Area & Cultural Studies Liberal Arts View 793 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Delaware and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A nonrefundable application fee submitted with the application.
- Applicants must list and upload unofficial transcripts of all post-high school academic work from all institutions attended.
- Applicants must submit a Personal Statement or answer specific questions or essays as part of the application; a Resume
- Applicants must submit three letters of recommendation
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) admission test scores
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.