There are two pathways on the Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy MSc from University of Brighton; in collaboration with the course leader you will decide on the best pathway and course of study depending on your clinical experience and professional registration status.
- The Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy pathway enables you to choose from a number of university-based modules with a musculoskeletal focus.
- Alternatively you may be eligible to follow the Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy (MACP) pathway; this pathway has been developed with the International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists (IFOMPT).
Masters-level education is an important component of advanced and specialist practice. It allows you greater autonomy and to accelerate personal and professional development or promotion in your practice.
The course enhances professional and academic development, enabling graduates to pursue careers in research, lecturing in higher education, or expanding and developing their own clinical practice.
- Musculoskeletal Management – Cervico-thoracic spine and upper limb
- Musculoskeletal Management – Lumbo-sacral spine and lower limb
- Research Methods for Healthcare
- Musculoskeletal Clinical Placement – Lumbo-sacral spine and lower limb
- Musculoskeletal Clinical Placement – Cervico-thoracic spine and upper limb
- 18 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Generally there's no deadline for applying for a postgraduate course at Brighton.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Physiotherapy Health Sciences View 164 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Brighton and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- This course is for qualified physiotherapists. Applicants should normally hold an honours degree in physiotherapy but those with suitable alternative qualifications, such as a diploma in physiotherapy, will be considered.
- Professional registration as a physiotherapist is required, and students enrolling for the PGDip or MSc must be eligible to practice in the UK as a physiotherapist. Students must hold their own professional indemnity insurance.
- We would normally ask for a minimum of one year's post-registration experience in a musculoskeletal physiotherapy setting.
International15462 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15462 GBP per year during 18 months.
National9828 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9828 GBP per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Eastbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.