All students will complete design at the University of Delaware problem-solving and consumer behavior courses to bring an understanding of both to meet challenges in the global fashion industry.
The growth and dominance of large multinational apparel brands and retailers has created a need for graduates who are globally oriented and innovative, with apparel product design expertise, consumer behavior expertise, strong research skills, an understanding of social responsibility and sustainability, and strong communication skills.
Graduates will be eligible for key industry positions that create value for a firm by integrating knowledge about consumer research, product design, product merchandising, product sourcing, and product presentation.
The Fashion and Apparel Studies program has an international focus and emphasizes understanding design, theory, and research as they relate to fashion phenomena.
Concepts and practices from social responsibility and sustainability underlie the graduate program. The MS in Fashion and Apparel Studies with theses option is designed to provide students interested in future doctoral work in fashion and apparel programs a strong foundation toward that goal.
An MS in Fashion and Apparel Studies without a thesis is also an option for those students wishing the flexibility to focus their advanced degree toward their academic interests and professional goals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Apparel Supply Chains and Social Responsibility
- Socially Responsible Apparel: Global Policy
- Sustaining Global Apparel Supply Chains
- Culture and Work in the Apparel Industry
- Consumers and Social Responsibility
- Bringing Social Responsibility to Apparel Corporate Culture
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 67 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United States
- A nonrefundable application fee submitted with the application.
- Applicants must list and upload unofficial transcripts of all post-high school academic work from all institutions attended.
- Applicants must submit a Personal Statement or answer specific questions or essays as part of the application; a Resume
- Applicants must submit three letters of recommendation
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) admission test scores
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.