Management and Information Systems-Change and Development course from The University of Manchester it intends to help close the gap of knowledge, skills, culture and language that exists between functional managers and information systems professionals - a gap that results in the majority of information systems, including e-government, e-commerce, and e-development systems, under-performing or becoming failures.
You'll therefore graduate in a strong position to lead the successful development and implementation of new information systems in a wide range of organisations. By the course's end, you will have been provided with:
- conceptual frameworks to understand the role of management of information, of information technology and of information systems in organisations;
- new knowledge and skills to help in the effective planning, development implementation and management of information systems;
- new knowledge and skills to help in the effective management and change of organisations.
This course is designed to develop two groups: functional managers who wish to take greater control over, and make a more direct contribution to, change in their organisations via the development and implementation of information systems; and information systems professionals who wish to improve the success rate of the information systems they develop or use, and who may also wish to upgrade their management skills and knowledge.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Information and Information Systems
- Research Skills Development
- Teaching and Learning Online
- Multimedia Design and Development
- Mathematics 1E2
- Issues in the Management of Information Systems
- Public Sector Reform and Management
- International Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Management, Organisation & Leadership Business Information Systems View 1748 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- If your academic background is not directly related to the programme, you should supply an academic-standard writing sample on a subject related to the programme.
- If English is not your native language, then you should provide an academic-standard writing sample in English directly related to the subject.
- We accept a range of qualifications from different countries that equate to a UK 2.1. For these and general requirements including English language see entry requirements from your country .
International22500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK students (per annum): £6,000
- International, including EU, students (per annum): £11,250
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.