The Computer Based Management Information Systems program offered by The University of the West Indies will not only equip Jamaican nationals to fill these positions, but will also educate a new generation of Information Systems Analysts and Managers who will spearhead the thrust by Jamaican firms to establish a sustainable competitive position on the critically important information service sector.
Graduates with M.S. in Computer Based Management Information Systems from The University of the West Indies will gain:
- A comprehensive understanding of how information systems are changing organizational structures and can be used effectively to create a basis of competitive advantage.
- A comprehensive introduction to the principles of management.
- A comprehensive introduction to methods used in managing the development of computer-based systems
- Detailed exposure to new advances in information technology.
- Programming, Database & Networking
- Software Engineering
- Business Intelligence
- Organizational Theory & Behaviour
- Production & Operations Management
- IT Governance & Policies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Informatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences View 17 other Masters in Management Studies in Jamaica
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field from a university or college acceptable to the Board for Graduate Studies, The University of the West Indies, with grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher.
- Candidates are also required to have at least two years’ work experience. However, candidates with at least a strong upper second class honours degree may be accepted without this work experience.
- Completed application form;
- Application fee;
- Two Referee Reports (academic and professional);
- Official Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
International4000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National4000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.