The Library and Information Studies program offered by the University of the West Indies prepares students for careers as librarians, heads of library systems and information specialists.
- Foundations of Library and Information Studies
- Management of Information Units
- Catalogue Creation and Use
- Bibliography and Reference Methods and Materials
- Information Literacy Instruction
- Introduction to Digital Libraries
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Six weeks practicum (fieldwork) included
- Applicants must be graduates of approved universities normally with at least a lower second class honours degree in any discipline.
- Previous work experience in libraries is an advantage but is not essential.
- Applicants are required to be computer literate, (that is, to have a basic knowledge of the operation of a computer and the software associated with it). It is therefore in the interest of students, at this stage, to ensure that they have done an introductory course before entering the programme.
- Complete the online Application form
- Original copies of your supporting documents
International15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD per year during 24 months.
National2124 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2124 USD per year during 24 months.
- Sponsored Students from Contributing Countries: J$286,897
- Non-Sponsored Students from Contributing Countries: J$486,660
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.