It will provide you with the conceptual and analytical tools needed to understand and critically review issues relevant to public policy and public sector reform.
While the International Development-Public Policy and Management course from The University of Manchester was conceived primarily for those already working in the public sector environment, it has evolved into a highly successful multidisciplinary course that is appropriate to modern professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds, who have an interest in issues of public policy.
The Global Development Institute (GDI) will equip you with the skills for specialist positions in development-related NGOs and public and private organisations. Potential careers include:
- international development;
- non-governmental organisations;
- central and local government;
- project implementation;
- urban and regional development policy;
- human resources;
- information and communication technologies;
- project management;
- Public Sector Reform and Management
- Research Skills for Economic Development
- Economic Development
- Economic Analysis of the Public Sector
- Water and Sanitation Planning and Policy in developing countries
- Industrial Competitiveness and Global Transformation
- Global Political Economy
- International Management
- Human Resource Development: Key Concepts
- Globalisation, Trade and Development
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement Studies International Development Public Policy View 360 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
- If your academic background is not directly related to the programme, you should supply an academic-standard writing sample on a subject related to the programme.
- If English is not your native language, then you should provide an academic-standard writing sample in English directly related to the subject.
- We accept a range of qualifications from different countries that equate to a UK 2.1. For these and general requirements including English language see entry requirements from your country .
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.