You will work on projects closely related to real-life scenarios. Combining theoretical and practical components you develop the engineering skills to deal with challenges that affect the long-term performance of new and existing structures and their surrounding environment to support sustainable development. Group projects develop your leadership and teamworking skills and your understanding of how different specialisms come together to successfully complete a project. Earthquake and Structural Engineering programme is offered by University of Brighton
In your career you need a combination of knowledge, skills, personal qualities and relevant experiences – and you’ll get all of this from your degree.
- Develop your understanding of the distinct knowledge and skills required in earthquake and structural engineering and associated subject areas
- Participate in group activities to enhance your leadership and teamworking skills
- Develop you independent learning skills for continued professional development
- Build your advanced planning, research and communication skills through working on your dissertation.
This degree is accredited as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired a partial CEng accredited undergraduate first degree.
- Masters dissertation
- Dynamics of Structures with Earthquake Engineering Applications
- Random Vibration of Structures
- Repair and Strengthening of Existing Reinforced Concrete Structures
- Bridge Loads and Analysis
- Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- Rock Mechanics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Generally there's no deadline for applying for a postgraduate course at Brighton.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Environmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction View 157 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Brighton and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
A lower second class degree in civil engineering. Candidates with an engineering or physical sciences degree, or with relevant professional experience will be considered on an individual basis.
International15462 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15462 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8856 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8856 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.