The Social Work program offered by The University of the West Indies aims to train persons who will either provide leadership as administrators and managers of social service agencies, or serve as specialist practitioners in selected fields of social work and/or train and direct a wider body of agency personnel in those fields – all within a clear policy framework guided by professional, theoretical and ethical practices.
Students at Social Work program offered by The University of the West Indies will:
- Be able to analyse complex social issues and make relevant proposals regarding how they might be addressed.
- Be able to identify and provide a justification for the course of action chosen in situations in which ethical issues arise.
- Demonstrate competence in the assessment, development and implementation of appropriate plans for work with systems of different sizes, in at least one of the following fields: children and youth and their families, geographic or other types of communities, or social service delivery or social planning organisations.
- Human Resource Management and Organization
- Methods of Strategic Management
- Programme Planning, Management and Evaluation
- Methods of Policy Practice
- Compensation and Employee Assistance
- Advanced Social Research Methods
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Health Health Sciences View 12 other Masters in Health Sciences in Jamaica
- Hold an undergraduate degree in Social Work or another degree with a Diploma in Social Work (with at least a 3.0 GPA) from an approved University;
- Have a minimum of 2 years post baccalaureate work experience in a social work or related human service setting.
- submit a detailed résumé, including positions held, and volunteer work;
- include a 300-word statement of career goals and research interest are available for attending an interview upon request
- Original Copies of your Supporting Documents
- Official Transcript
International15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD per year during 24 months.
National3221 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3221 USD per year during 24 months.
- Sponsored Students from Contributing Countries J$292,348
- Non-Sponsored Students from Contributing Countries J$495,907
- NonContributing Countries J$1,487,868
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.