The Agricultural Entrepreneurship program offered by the University of the West Indies produces practitioners that would be technology savvy, managerially strong, and capable of creating their own enterprises or successfully managing, rejuvenating or converting existing operations into viable and profitable businesses.
This new breed of managers would also possess the skills necessary to translate cutting edge agricultural research into business opportunities along the agriculture value chain.
Our programme is designed to provide students with the tools and skill set necessary to create, resuscitate and/or rehabilitate agricultural enterprises.
CareersGraduates from the M.Sc. in Agricultural Entrepreneurship will be equipped with the necessary tools to start their businesses within any aspect of the agricultural value chain.Graduates from this programme will have the ability to work on their own and within private, national and international institutions which focus on agricultural research and development.
- Introduction to agro-environmental management
- Introduction to agriculture, crop and livestock production
- Post harvest technology
- Management accounting
- Decision models for managers
- Applicants must have either a First Degree (GPA 2.00) or its equivalence in basic or applied sciences such as agriculture, forestry, botany, biology, soil science, environmental or social sciences, rural development, development planning and management or a related area.
- Applicants with other qualifications and who have at least 2 year’s professional experience in a relevant field of agriculture, engineering, management or development are also eligible to apply for admission to this course.
- Applicants who do not possess the requisite qualification and experience will be required to do pre-qualification courses in agricultural sciences and the social sciences.
- Complete the online application
- Submit ORIGINAL copies of your supporting documents
National4801 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9603 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
J$1,300,000 - tuition fee only for:
- Sponsored and Non-Sponsored Students from Contributing Countries
- Students from Non-Contributing Countries
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.