Over the past two decades, environmental challenges have risen to the top of the global agenda.
As a result, there is a pressing need for policymakers, planners and managers to understand the environmental dimensions of development.
International Development- Environment Climate Change and Development course from The University of Manchester is therefore perfect if you're looking to benefit from research-led teaching - by world-class academics - that examines both mainstream sustainability and radical alternatives for sustainable global development.
This course will prepare you for employment in a range of development-related fields, including research, policy and practice. A wide range of transferable skills will be developed, including analytical and professional skills.
More generally, the Global Development Institute (GDI) will equip you with the skills for specialist positions in development-related NGOs and public and private organisations. Potential careers include:
- international development;
- non-governmental organisations;
- central and local government;
- project implementation;
- urban and regional development policy;
- human resources;
- information and communication technologies;
- project management;
- Development Fundamentals
- Development Fieldwork
- Climate Change, Disasters and Responses
- Environment, Climate Change and Development
- Understanding Development Research
- Economics of Environmental Policy
- Climate Change and Carbon Cycling
- Issues in Environmental Policy
- Cultures and Disasters
- Global Political Economy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Law International Development Climate Studies & Meteorology View 61 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in United Kingdom
- If your academic background is not directly related to the programme, you should supply an academic-standard writing sample on a subject related to the programme.
- If English is not your native language, then you should provide an academic-standard writing sample in English directly related to the subject.
- We accept a range of qualifications from different countries that equate to a UK 2.1. For these and general requirements including English language see entry requirements from your country .
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK students (per annum): £6,250
- International, including EU, students (per annum): £12,000
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.