Applied Sport Physiology, offered by University of Brighton is designed around four pillars:
- practitioner focused
- physiology skill-centred
- science in practice
- personal and professional development.
Some of our graduates work with sports governing bodies as applied physiologists or directly with sports teams. Others have set up their own consultancy services, or work in the public and private sector as physiologists.
Some graduates focus on research positions in industry or with organisations such as the Ministry of Defence. This MSc is also ideal preparation for continuing your studies at PhD level.
An MSc in Applied Sport Physiology from the University of Brighton will equip you with both the theoretical knowledge, practical skills and emotional intelligence to help you stand out in today's competitive job market.
Roles our recent applied physiology MSc graduates have secured include:
- Strength and Conditioning Internship - Go-Perform
- Data analyst, Nisus Consulting Limited
- Soft tissue therapist, Brighton & Hove Albion FC
- Paralympic athlete assistant, Boccia, UK
- Exercise physiologist, STAPS (Germany)
- Performance director at Elite High Performance, Wrexham
- Lead strength and conditioning coach at Aston Villa Football Club
- Director of Smart Progression, India
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Utah
Their teaching laboratories are accredited by the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES).
- Skills for Physiological Assessment
- Science in Practice
- Professional and Personal Development
- Exercise Tolerance (Integrative Physiology)
- Practical Applications of Training Theory
- Science of Physical Performance and Training
- Applied Environmental Physiology
- Final Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Generally there's no deadline for applying for a postgraduate course at Brighton.
DisciplinesHealth Administration Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 372 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
A good honours degree (normally minimum 2:2 classification) in sport and exercise science, or a relevant science-based degree such as medicine, biomedical sciences, physiology, biological science, or health science. The degree may contain a human physiology component, and should contain a research training component.
In such circumstances, candidates may be interviewed, and evidence will be sought concerning:
- sustained and substantial work in a field relevant to the degree at an appropriate level
- the ability to undertake, write up and present an honours level research study
- an appropriate level understanding of research methods and human physiology
- the ability to study independently and effectively and to communicate effectively.
International13842 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13842 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7866 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7866 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Eastbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.