The Applied Bioinformatics Online (ABNF-CERT) at University of Delaware is offered as a graduate level program ideally suited for working professionals who wish to gain knowledge and practical experience in bioinformatics.
Building on the core curriculum of UD’s MS, PSM and PhD bioinformatics degree programs, the Online Graduate Certificate will allow students to gain core competency in bioinformatics for real-world applications from genomic medicine to agriculture. No previous programming or database experience is required but a familiarity with molecular biology concepts is recommended.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The course curriculum consists of four graduate level courses that can be taken in any order.
- Bioinformatics (3 Credits): Principles of molecular sequence analysis and genome annotation with practical guides to bioinformatics resources, databases and tools
- Systems Biology (3 Credits): Bioinformatics interpretation and biological network analysis of omics data from next-generation sequencing (genomics, transcriptomics) and other high-throughput technologies
- Databases for Bioinformatics (3 Credits): Principles and techniques of bioinformatics database development cycle from data modeling to relational database management and web hosting
- Programming for Bioinformatics (3 Credits): Principles and techniques of computer programming using Python language framed within the context of bioinformatics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Bioinformatics View 216 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Choose your Graduate Program
- Start your on-line application
- Gather the following documents:
- Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Write your Graduate Application Essay
- Check if Supplemental Documents are needed
- Check if Writing Samples are needed
- Resume (optional)
- TOEFL or IELTS Score
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.