In the Language and Linguistics, Modern Greek program from Lund University, you will meet and study together with students from a number of different fields of specialisation. The languages of instruction are English and the language corresponding to the field of your specialisation. The Centre for Languages and Literature offers students access to the most modern resources for research and education.
Specialisation in Modern Greek
In the programme Specialisation in Modern Greek we follow the development of the Greek language from Medieval times to Modern times. The programme involves the study of literary texts from various periods of time, different varieties of the Greek language, the phenomenon of diglossia from Medieval times until today, the Greek dialects and their continuity, the influences between Greek and other European languages and the Greek language as an identity factor both in a diachronic and in a synchronic perspective. We also conduct in-depth studies of the development of Modern Greek linguistics. The specialisation consists of courses that are directly related to the core subject as well as courses that go beyond the core subject.
With a Master´s degree in Language and Linguistics, you are attractive for employers looking for a highly qualified individual with expert knowledge in communication in general, and in language in particular. An international MA in Language and Linguistics also provides you with the academic background you need in order to apply for doctoral studies in languages and linguistics.
- Compulsory courses common to all specialisations: Philosophy of Science for Linguists, Fundamental Linguistic Methods;
- Compulsory courses for each specialisation, and a Master’s degree thesis;
- Elective courses, to be selected from a list available from the programme coordinator.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
You should apply between mid-October to 15 January for studies starting in the autumn semester
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 33 other Masters in Linguistics in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a major in Modern Greek (corresponding to a Swedish major with 120 credits in the subject).
- A Bachelor degree thesis and/or other independently written academic papers within this subject. The word count for these written samples of work should be between 6000 and 8000 words in total, or longer if the BA thesis itself is longer (excluding the references and possible appendices).
- English 6/English Course B.
International10693 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21387 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 220 000
Living costs for Lund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The Lund University Global Scholarship programme is a merit-based and selective scholarship targeted at top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.