The MA in Digital and Visual Communications at University of Wolverhampton attracts students from a wide range of disciplines and from all over the world, giving it a strong international flavour. The current cohort comes from as far afield as China, Nigeria, India, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Poland, Greece and Germany, as well as the UK.
The course gives you the opportunity to develop your creative design abilities but also equips you with marketing and branding skills and knowledge essential for a career in the competitive market place that is International Visual Communications.
Potential Career Paths
Employment opportunities include:
- Self-employment: Establishing yourself in your own business, or as a sole trader or freelance designer.
- A career in design, practice and/or industry in the UK and internationally.
- Advancement in current employment: education, public sector or the creative industries.
Programme StructureCourse include:
- Creative approaches to digital & visual communications research and practice
- Understanding and defining Digital and Visual Communication Practice
- Critical, contextual and theoretical enquiry
- Critical, contextual and theoretical frameworks
- Masters Project in Digital and Visual Communications
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Direct applications can be made any time prior to the course start date but we will need sufficient time to process it.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Communication Studies View 129 other Masters in Communication Studies in United Kingdom
- You should have a good Honours degree (2:1) or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- You are also encouraged to apply if you have significant professional experience in a relevant subject.
- If you have a 2:2 honours degree (or lower) in a relevant subject, you can be registered for a prescribed Postgraduate Certificate. Successful completion of the Postgraduate Certificate programme will allow you to progress to the Postgraduate Diploma.
International14450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7995 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7995 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home Part-time - £3998 per year
Living costs for Wolverhampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Postgraduate Loans
- Professional and Career Development Loan
- Charitable Funding
- University Postgraduate Loyalty Discount
- Dennis Turner Opportunity Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.