While identifying the ethical and legally problematic aspects of practice, you will learn to formulate ethically acceptable solutions in challenging circumstances.On completion of the course, you will have a comprehensive understanding of the principles of medical ethics and law, and will have developed a full conceptual toolkit that has been informed by both disciplines.
AimsBy the end of this Healthcare Ethics and Law (Intercalated) course from The University of Manchester compliments your medical degree, giving you the opportunity to study the in-depth moral and legal issues that you will face as a medic or researcher, you will be able to:
- Apply the concepts you have learned to real-world situations, both familiar and unforeseen.
- Identify the ethically and legally problematic aspects of practice; and be able to suggest ways to minimise, solve, or avoid those problems.
- You will also, through the dissertation element of the course, have refined the ability to make and sustain a prolonged and sophisticated argument on a topic of interest.
The Healthcare Ethics and Law course better equips you to solve ethico-legal dilemmas that you will meet on the ward or, more importantly, perhaps - simply to spot them.
Increasingly, medical researchers have to demonstrate compliance with certain ethical demands, and so an intercalated degree in ethics and law will be useful when it comes to planning research.
Finally, studying with us will reflect interests and concerns that most people have anyway, whether they know it or not. On completion of the course, you will have a comprehensive understanding of the mechanics of medical ethics and medical law and a full conceptual toolkit that can be applied to both disciplines.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Philosophical Bioethics
- Medico-Legal Problems
- Mental Health Law and Policy
- Ethics & Genetics and Genomics
- Global Health Law and Bioethics
- Research Ethics
- Medicine, Law and Society
- Children, Medicine and the Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPublic Health Civil & Private Law View 759 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The course is open to all medical students from UK medical schools who have completed three years of undergraduate study (subject to approval by the relevant medical school).
- We accept a range of qualifications from different countries that equate to a UK 2.1. For these and general requirements including English language see entry requirements from your country .
International19000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.