The Health and Social Care course from The University of Manchester is designed for those who want to pursue a career in health and/or social care where research is a core component. Most of the units on this course are shared with other MSc and PhD programmes.
You will learn how to conduct and apply health and social care research to practice at both an individual and organisational level, drawing on the expertise of renowned lecturers and practitioners from fields including social work, nursing, midwifery, speech and language therapy, audiology, psychology and medicine.
This course aims to:
- enable you to further develop systematic, in-depth knowledge and critical understanding of the nature, purposes, methods and application of research relevant to health and social care practice at an individual and/or organisational level;
- contribute to building capacity and capability for research and evidence-based practice by equipping you with in-depth knowledge and essential skills to critically appraise, apply, design and undertake high-quality research in a range of health and social care settings;
- enhance the quality and evidence base for health and social care research, practice and service development through the provision of robust research training in a stimulating, challenging and supportive learning environment that draws on outstanding resources and expertise in research and practice;
- promote lifelong learning and enhance opportunities to pursue a variety of research careers and/or further research training that support and advance clinical and health and social care knowledge, research and practice;
- equip you with key transferable skills in critical reasoning and reflection, effective communication, team and multi-disciplinary working, use of IT/health informatics and logical and systematic approaches to problem-solving and decision-making.
This course is designed for health and social care professionals and others who seek a research career or require research training as a constituent part of their current or future roles. It is also for researchers who want research training focused on health and social care.The course provides a comprehensive education and training in health and social care research as an excellent foundation for PhD study.
- MResearch Dissertation
- Critical appraisal and evidence synthesis
- Quantitative design and analysis
- Qualitative design and analysis
- Research Design
- Foundations of Research
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Health Health Sciences View 293 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- We require an honours first degree (Upper Second or above) or overseas equivalent in a relevant subject from an approved higher education institution. We may consider applicants with a Lower Second degree on the basis of documented evidence of exceptional innovative practice, practice leadership, service development, research projects and publications in your application.
- We also require part-time students to have written support from their employer to go on the course and complete any necessary requirements.
International20500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
MRes (part-time distance learning)
- UK students (per annum): £5,250 per annum
- International, including EU, students (per annum): £10,250 per annum
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.