- The Master of Social Work (MSW) is designed to educate and prepare students for a career at an advanced level in the social work profession. The MSW will prepare students to become a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), qualifying them for a wider range of employment opportunities (mental health, medical social work, child welfare, etc.) working with various populations (children, adolescents, adults, elderly, disabled, etc.). The MSW program has three different specializations: Addictions, Mental Health, and Engaging with Diverse Populations, which will focus on the Latino, Polynesian, and Refugee communities. These areas of focus are projected to be significant areas of growth within the social work field over the next decade and beyond.
- This dynamic, two year full-time program offers required courses in the areas of social work practice, human behavior and social environment, social welfare policy and analysis, social work with Latino, Pacific Islanders, and other Communities of Color, social work research methods, addictions, and a capstone course. Upon graduation, students will have also completed approximately 1,000 hours of field practicum experience. The program offers elective tracks in addictions, mental health, and engaging with diverse populations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Standing Bridge Course
- Advanced Standing Skills Course
- Advanced Practice with Individuals and Families
- Advanced Practice with Groups and Complex Cases
- Advanced Practice with Organizations and Communities
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSocial Work View 352 other Masters in Social Work in United States
Potential students must apply for admission into the program. To be accepted, students must have completed a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Psychology, Social Work, or a related area. However, applicants who have a Bachelor’s degree in another field may be admitted to the program if they can demonstrate significant work or volunteer experience in the Human Services field. All applicants are required to complete SW 1010, BESC 3010, and BESC 3020 or equivalent courses outside of UVU.
International970 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 970 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National390 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 390 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State390 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 390 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.