Health and Wellbeing is an area of expertise at UWE Bristol, and on this pathway you will be supported by a research supervisor with extensive research experience in your chosen field. As well as providing in-depth social research training, on this course you will learn about interdisciplinary social scientific philosophy, research design, quantitative and qualitative methodologies and analysis. You will be encouraged to critically review and evaluate research approaches and evidence, and investigate your own research questions.
Careers / Further study
If you're joining this course with the aim of undertaking a PhD, the MRes Social Research is a prerequisite for the South West Doctoral Training Partnership's 1+3 route.
This Social Research (Health and Wellbeing) course from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is also relevant for graduates seeking to build a research career - and provides an excellent foundation for research positions in both the public and private sectors.
You may go on to work on research in organisations such as the NHS, local government or the Office for National Statistics. Others may decide to stay in academia, and take on a research or teaching position.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You will study:
- Advanced Interdisciplinary Research Design
- Research Design and Methodologies
- Research in Context
- Contemporary Debates in Lifestyles Behaviours and Public Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There are no specific deadlines, but the sooner you apply, the less likely you are to miss out.
DisciplinesPublic Health Educational Research Health Sciences View 302 other Masters in Educational Research in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- We normally require a honours degree of 2:1 or above (or equivalent if it is a non-UK degree) in a relevant subject.
- We can consider applicants who do not meet the normal entry requirement, but who do have relevant qualifications or professional experience. In your application, you should describe in detail your professional experience and qualifications. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home Module Fee (15 Credit): £750
- Offshore Module Fee (15 Credit): £1188
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.