We want to train architects who take position, are conscious of the impact they have and are ethically aware. Our students work with real people to resolve real problems and are not afraid to fail. They use architecture to improve the quality of people's lives and have a positive impact, now and in the future. With the above in mind, our motto is: act conscious, get dirty, add value.
In the design studios of the Architecture programme from Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen, you will work on topical projects and experience every aspect of the design process. The aim of the studios is for you to develop your ability to produce sustainable, innovative and technically smart architectural designs fitting the needs of its function and the context.
Besides design skills, design methods and research, you will gain theoretical knowledge. Consequently, the studios are always enriched with lectures, field trips, workshops and presentations.
In the research studio, you will develop your research skills and gain theoretical knowledge. In the research studios, we work closely with professorships at Hanze University of Applied Sciences Groningen and the joint professorship created by the six academies of architecture.
- In the first year you will work on your basic design skills, which will involve familiarising yourself with various design methods.
- You will do this in the so-called design studios, by working on a topical theme with students from other years.
- We will encourage you to embark on a journey of discovery in your field of interest. In the research studio, you will do field research and we will discuss a number of academic articles.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Application deadline for students from Bangladesh, Pakistan, India and Nepal: 1 May
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Urban Planning View 14 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In principle, anyone can apply, regardless of their prior education. A number of qualifications share the same developmental curve as this programme. These include:
- an Architecture and Construction Engineering Bachelor's degree (Architecture specialisation) from a university of applied sciences (HBO);
- a Bachelor's degree (Architecture differentiation) from the Faculty of Architecture, Urbanism & Building Sciences of Delft University of Technology or Eindhoven University of Technology;
- a certificate from an equivalent foreign programme, the validity of which is to be determined by NUFFIC's certificate comparison system;
- a Bachelor of Design certificate (Spatial Design specialisation) from a university of applied sciences.
International7900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7900 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 48 months.
The annual tuition fee is around €2,209. Check our website for more information.
Living costs for Groningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.