This Digital Technologies, Communication and Education course from The University of Manchester is designed to help teachers, lecturers, administrators, managers, e-learning designers, trainers and anyone else with an interest in education to understand the impact of digital technologies and media.
It uses digital technologies, the broadcast media and/or interpersonal, group or organisational communications techniques to enhance practice, research and the professional and academic development of educators in technology- and information-rich environments.
Manchester Institute of Education (MIE) graduates go on to shape education policy and practice through positions in NGOs and in the public and private sector. Potential careers include:
- teacher education;
- educational administration;
- Engaging with Education Research
- Research Methods
- Educational Technology and Communication
- Educational Research Methods (Distance)
- Engaging with Education Research (Distance)
- Educational Technology and Communication (Distance)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Communication Studies Electronics & Embedded Technology View 119 other Masters in Communication Studies in United Kingdom
- Bachelor's degree (minimum 2:1 classification) or equivalent approved academic qualification from a recognised institution.
- We will consider applicants who do not meet these scores but you may be required to attend a pre-sessional English language course at the University of Manchester, or to demonstrate an improvement in your language scores prior to the start of your course.
International25000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK students (per annum): £5,250
- International, including EU, students (per annum): £12,500
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.